The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK; we have made several acquisitions, secured incredible new premises and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Customer Data Analyst to work as part of the Merkle | Comet Data Practice team. The first project will involve working client site in Luton for a reputable Travel business. Suitable candidates must bring strong data analysis and data management experience working with customer data. Excellent experience performing data analysis using SQL, creating and managing change requests and working to understand business and technical requirements build technical specifications is essential to this role. Experience in Data Marketing is critical to this post together with the ability to travel with the role due to the nature of the fact this is a consulting role across our wider client base longer term.
Life as a Customer Data Analyst at Merkle
Working as part of our Data Practice team you will be working with our clients to perform data analysis using leading edge technologies and techniques for our clients. The role will support the development of specific data competency designs for our clients e.g. Data Quality Management, Data Integration Patterns and Interface Specifications. You will be the lead for data analysis operations, notably for delivering, governing, managing and using data within the scope of the client engagement. Responsibilities will include ensuring the data is fit-for-purpose, maintaining data quality in line with KPI targets, and working with business stakeholders to capture requirements for enhancement and bug fixes, managing their delivery with internal and external development teams.
Data Analysis (90%)
Work with the client to:
- Analysis change requests for enhancements/fixes including cost and benefit analysis
- Work with business and technical stakeholders to fix or enhance client databases
- Implement all changes into client systems within scope, includes business rule change, updating values, improving data quality
- Responsible for the management and prioritisation of client’s data development plan
- Conduct testing (UAT) on implemented change by IT as well as Business
- Work alongside client’s third-party agency to deliver bug fixes and projects
- Work with client personnel especially the data governance analyst to define and implement customer data governance strategy, instrumental in its roll
- Act as main point of contact for business teams to improve understanding of our data structures and what data is available
- Ensure business process are being followed, suggest changes for improvement
- Responsible for determining root-cause for data quality issues, driving activities (including changes to business rules, business process and system changes) to resolve the issues and meet data quality goals
- Create daily reports of the database to give visibility to the wider teams
- Additionally, follow clients’ data analysis standards and guidelines, ensuring governance is applied. If these do not exist or inadequate, work with the client to develop and build their standards
Develop Data Practice Assets (10%)
- Leverage from client implementations to build reusable products and services
- Production of documentation to be used to support the use of the products and services
- Provide high level estimates to support proposals to our clients and their implementation
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too:
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- Significant experience of data analysis and data management of customer data
- Excellent SQL skills (Oracle), querying and manipulation
- Understanding of how customer data is used to drive CRM activities, customer personalisation and customer insight
- Strong MS Office skills, notably advanced Excel
- Strong analytical skills to understand business processes, systems and data
- Experience with Talend (or equivalent), CRM software would be beneficial.
- Master Data Management (MDM is highly desirable, but not essential
- Problem solving skills, interpretation skills with ability to adapt, learn quickly
- Strong practical experience with delivering change, working across business functions and working within cross-functional teams
- Experience with working on Marketing as well as Operational customer data
- Able to interpret the impact of the business rules or any other change on business
- People management experience would be beneficial
- Understand importance of data security, controls and compliance
- Experience in setting Data Policies and governing projects against them, escalating where appropriate and managing exceptions.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with track record of delivering data improvement projects
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences in often complex environments
- Experience of working in a client facing environment operating with integrity and collaboratively within internal and external teams
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
To apply for the role:
Please email your CV to Hanna Neuborn: email@example.com
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience