Comet Global Consulting is a fast growing consultancy that specializes in inbound and outbound CRM, marketing and decision management solutions. We deliver high-impact strategy and technical consulting and provide ongoing development and operational support services. Initiatives are led by Client Engagement and Practice Leads with the expectation that the Logic Developer will be involved from project definition through full project delivery, implementation and ongoing support.
Summary of Position
The Logic Developer is responsible for implementation, development, and support of inbound decisioning solutions that meet the client’s business requirements.
The ideal candidate will develop solutions based in client business requirements or modify current solutions to meet changing needs, and have wide range of marketing automation experience in many industries.
- Translate business requirements and offer information into decisioning software logic designs
- Coding and customization of decisioning application software and perform the appropriate quality assurance checks before handing over to the Test & Deployment Team
- Unit testing and integration testing of new or modified business logic.
- Manage a plan or schedule of offer and rule updates and deployment timings
- Maintain the required reference data for the decisioning logic, including offer compatibility
- Assist in creating post-implementation support documentation
- As Client Support, provides assistance in resolving client inquiries, as well as the effective and efficient service for the screening, prioritization and resolution of production defects
- Provides advice/support for development of training programs
- Provides assistance in diagnosing application issues
- Implements and maintains a personal development program that focuses on maintaining currency and enhancing technical skills in the areas of Information Technology and Marketing Automation
- Proactively identifies own training needs
- Maintains a reading program that covers recent developments in IT and Marketing techniques
Desired Skills and Experience
- Engineering, Science or Computer Science undergraduate degree/diploma, or equivalent work experience
Experience & Knowledge
- Development experience with Pega PRPC version 6.x and higher with a focus in decisioning applications
- Experience with adaptive modeling
- Basic understanding of SQL, XML, and real time decisioning
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and Project Delivery Process
- Understanding of the principles behind Object-Oriented programming languages
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years’ experience in inbound marketing/marketing technology
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies desired
- User Interface Design
- Certified Pega Decisioning Consultant (CPDC) or Certified Pega Marketing Consultant (CPMC) a plus
- Ability to travel 50 – 75% at a minimum with periods of 100% travel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build business relationships
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and all levels of management, including all Lines of Business and external stakeholders
- Clear and concise writing and verbal skills are crucial to the ability to obtain and disseminate information
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to summarize data into high-level themes
- Collaborates with others, both internal staff and clients, with consideration and respec.
- Provides timely feedback and responses to all, especially clients
- Represents company in a professional and positive manner
Business Application Software
- Advanced skills with PC-based tools including MS project, MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint) required
- Client focused
- Business acumen
- Solutions oriented problem solver
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Team work
- Proof of legal authority to work permanently in the U.S.