Comet Global Consulting – the customer interaction experts, specialises in supporting the successful implementation of CRM, marketing and decision management solutions. Comet delivers complex, real world, inbound and outbound marketing and customer management technology solutions ensuring that marketing reaches the right customers at the moments that most influence their decisions. Comet has a proven track record from many years of experience in translating marketing requirements into practical technology implementations for global customer service focused enterprises.
Comet Global Consulting has grown quickly and now employs more than 350 people across four continents and manages complex projects from their Customer Interaction Centres in Atlanta, USA and Barcelona, Spain; providing on-site and near-shore consultants to manage the most complex projects. Comet has delivered more than 200 projects to 20+ of the world’s biggest names in media, mobile communications, financial services and retail. Comet partners with world leading marketing technology platform suppliers including IBM, Pegasystems, SAS and Teradata. The focus is to deliver outstanding results using innovative, best practice project delivery methodologies with exceptional value for money.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled candidate (at least 2 years of relevant work experience) to join us as Agile Java Developer in our operations centre in Barcelona with occasional trips abroad to Customer offices. Candidates should have good technical proficiency, excellent communication skills (including English language), and willing to closely work with other team members in a daily basis.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding international technology consultancy. We also offer opportunities to work overseas for those candidates who are interested in developing an international career. www.cometgc.com
Agile Java Software Engineer:
- Design and code application components/features in an Agile environment using a test driven development approach.
- Work in close cooperation with other team members (testers, team leader/Scrum master and other developers) of the domain development team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process of the team.
- Team components ownership assuring vision & roadmap follow-up
- Support consumers of team components.
- Size new requirements with vote in team’s decisions for delivery commitments.
2+ year professional work experience
- Education and experience working with Java/J2EE
- Sound knowledge of understanding of Object Oriented design and programming
- Solid knowledge of relational databases and SQL (Oracle is a plus)
- English: Conversation level
- Working permit in the EU (please don't apply to the job offer if you don't have a valid working permit)
- University Bachelor’s degree or higher
Desired knowledge requirements:
- Experience working on an Agile environment (Scrum methodologies is a plus)
- Skilled in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Spring, Hibernate, iBatis, Maven, Eclipse
- Familiarity with JDBC, Tomcat
- Development experience in Service Oriented Architecture
- Development experience in Web applications
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary dependent on experience
- Extra days of holidays after 3 years at the Company
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free health insurance for you and subsidized for your spouse and children
- Professional certification
- Subsidized coffee and fresh fruits in the office
To apply please email your resume to Irene Mira: email@example.com